Nicolas Beyer has been working with the IPCMS since 1998. For 10 years he has been in charge of the design and mechanical realization of several devices installed on X-ray diffraction lines (optics, furnaces, benches). He has also designed and realized optical systems and various pieces of equipment for the construction of confocal microscopes (lens holders, mirrors, high voltage application), as well as a traction force microscope and an optical microscope with magnetic tweezers.
In 2008, at the request of the management, he took the responsibility of the real estate logistics division of the five buildings composing the IPCMS.
As such, he coordinated, planned, and implemented preventive and curative maintenance of the 12000 m² of the institute. He supervised the work of a general services technician assigned to maintenance who assisted him in this task.
He was project manager for the real estate operations within the laboratory during rehabilitation work or construction of new laboratories (several chemistry and physics laboratories, construction of a class ISO 6 cleanroom).
In 2014, he joins the IPCMS mechanical design department as a mechanical design assistant. Since 2019, he is a design engineer, in charge of the design office. This main activity allows him to go back to the fundamentals of his training, i.e. the design of prototypes and special machines dedicated more particularly to the characterization on large instruments (synchrotrons: ESRF, SOLEIL, PLS, SLS).
He has also designed specific machines for optics: Wide-angle static and dynamic light scattering under shear (2 prototypes), as well as a dual-view inverted light-sheet microscope.
In addition, he is an assistant to the project manager on a project of premises intended to be tunneling microscopy laboratories and is an external consultant for the project manager of the DPI of the University of Strasbourg on the CESQ project (Center for the Study of Quantum Sciences).
|1991||F_Niv II-Bac+3||Facculty of sciences and technologies Nancy|
|1990||E_Niv III-Bac+2||University of Strasbourg||Associate Degree.||Advanced mechanics|
|1988||E_Niv III-Bac+2||LEGT Jean Mermoz||Associate Degree||Heat treatments and metallurgy|
|1986||CD_Niv IV-BAC||High School Jean Mermoz|
High School Diploma
- Mechanical projects
- Real estate projects
- PA (Prevention Assistant) for the IPCMS General Services Department
- Member of the local health, safety and working conditions committee for the IPCMS
- 1839302 beyer 2021 items 1 author desc yearD. Kushnir, N. Beyer, E. Bartsch, P. Hebraud, Wide-angle static and dynamic light scattering under shear, Review of Scientific Instruments. 92 (2021) 025113. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0029533.K. Katcko, E. Urbain, F. Ngassam, L. Kandpal, B. Chowrira, F. Schleicher, U. Halisdemir, D. Wang, T. Scherer, D. Mertz, B. Leconte, N. Beyer, D. Spor, P. Panissod, A. Boulard, J. Arabski, C. Kieber, E. Sternitzky, V. Costa, M. Hehn, F. Montaigne, A. Bahouka, W. Weber, E. Beaurepaire, C. Kubel, D. Lacour, M. Alouani, S. Boukari, M. Bowen, Encoding Information on the Excited State of a Molecular Spin Chain, Advanced Functional Materials. 31 (2021) 2009467. https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.202009467.
- 1839302 beyer 2018 items 1 author desc year
- 1839302 beyer 2016 items 1 author desc yearA.V. Pinon, M. Wierez-Kien, A.D. Craciun, N. Beyer, J.L. Gallani, M.V. Rastei, Thermal effects on van der Waals adhesive forces, Physical Review B. 93 (2016) 035424. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.93.035424.U. Halisdemir, F. Schleicher, D.J. Kim, B. Taudul, D. Lacour, W.S. Choi, M. Gallart, S. Boukari, G. Schmerber, V. Davesne, P. Panissod, D. Halley, H. Majjad, Y. Henry, B. Leconte, A. Boulard, D. Spor, N. Beyer, C. Kieber, E. Sternitzky, O. Crégut, M. Ziegler, F. Montaigne, J. Arabski, E. Beaurepaire, W. Jo, M. Alouani, P. Gilliot, M. Hehn, M. Bowen, Oxygen-vacancy driven tunnelling spintronics across MgO, in: Drouhin, HJ and Wegrowe, JE and Razeghi, M (Ed.), SPINTRONICS IX, SPIE-INT SOC OPTICAL ENGINEERING, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2239017.
- 1839302 beyer 2014 items 1 author desc yearF. Schleicher, U. Halisdemir, D. Lacour, M. Gallart, S. Boukari, G. Schmerber, V. Davesne, P. Panissod, D. Halley, H. Majjad, Y. Henry, B. Leconte, A. Boulard, D. Spor, N. Beyer, C. Kieber, E. Sternitzky, O. Cregut, M. Ziegler, F. Montaigne, E. Beaurepaire, P. Gilliot, M. Hehn, M. Bowen, Localized states in advanced dielectrics from the vantage of spin- and symmetry-polarized tunnelling across MgO, Nature Communications. 5 (2014) 4547 /p.1–9. https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms5547.A.R. Garcia-Marquez, B. Heinrich, N. Beyer, D. Guillon, B. Donnio, Mesomorphism and Shape-Memory Behavior of Main-Chain Liquid-Crystalline Co-Elastomers: Modulation by the Chemical Composition, Macromolecules. 47 (2014) 5198–5210. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma501164u.
- 1839302 beyer 2004 items 1 author desc yearS. Klein, A. Barsella, D. Acker, C. Sutter, N. Beyer, C. Andraud, A.F. Fort, K.D. Dorkenoo, Solitonic guide and multiphoton absorption processes in photopolymerizable materials for optical integrated circuits, in: P.L. Heremans, M. Muccini, H. Hofstraat (Eds.), Proc. SPIE 5464, Organic Optoelectronics and Photonics, Strasbourg, France, 2004: p. 32. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.547950.